THE LATEST FROM NEWCOMER FUNERAL SERVICE GROUP
THE LATEST FROM
NEWCOMER FUNERAL SERVICE GROUP
Human Resources Business Partner
This position is responsible for providing general human resource consulting and leadership to assigned areas of the company to maximize the recruitment, development, safety, productivity, retention and recognition of Associates.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Care and Growth in performing all aspects of position.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner in which you get along with families, co-workers and management.
- Manage NFSGI Associate Relations climate embracing the company’s core values: Excellence, Trust, Care and Growth.
- Foster a strong and positive associate relations environment through working with both associates and managers. Create a coaching and counseling environment to achieve maximum performance.
- Some travel is required that may include conventions, location visits, acquisitions, investigations, professional development opportunities or networking events.
- Facilitate our Tradition of Caring Scholarship program which involves the promotion of our scholarship, application reviews, facilitating scholar interviews, and being the first point of contact for accredited ABFSE programs and applicants.
- Work with Recruiting Specialist on staffing needs for your assigned area. This may include sourcing, interviewing, and presenting qualified candidates for manager consideration.
- Oversee the performance management system by working with managers on performance reviews, performance improvement plans and disciplinary processes.
- Work with Benefits Administrator to effectively manage workers’ compensation and return to work programs.
- Assist with maintaining associate records.
- Manage any required follow up for electronic exit interview process.
- Assist in the administration of benefit programs, compensation programs and training programs by being a liaison to associates and managers.
- Participate in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures to ensure fair and equitable treatment of associates.
- Stay current on employment laws, regulations and compliance issues pertaining to Human Resources. Stay current on Human Resource best practices.
- Participate and conduct investigations of associate complaints and concerns.
- Contribute by being a well-rounded HR partner who has the capability to keep associates best interest in mind while also doing what is best for the company.
- Develop job descriptions and assist in evaluating jobs in cooperation with Director of Human Resources.
- Remain up-to-date on Paycom reading as assigned.
- Light housekeeping to keep the facilities and grounds in perfect order. This includes keeping work areas tidy, picking up litter on the grounds and general straightening up.
Educational and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources or related field
- Strong knowledge of employment law is required
- Ability to communicate and relate across functions, professional levels and backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Some travel is required
- Must be able to evaluate complex employee relations issues and develop rational basis for decision-making that balances associate and company interests
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage highly confidential information
- Ability to promote the company, employee goodwill and public image
- Experience in administration of benefits and compensation programs or other human resource programs is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Basic skills in working with Human Resource Information Systems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- HR Certification is desirable
- Knowledge of HR Compliance issues
- Knowledge of general HR best practices and trends
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
The above duties are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities for this position nor are they intended to be a listing of prerequisite skills and abilities. The purpose of this job description is to describe the general nature of the position.